I’ve been officially self-employed for almost a month now, woot! But I am working more hours than ever. Oops. No worries, the great thing about being the boss is that I can make executive decisions like when not to work.
With this in mind, I have decided to stop trying to work in a set schedule. Instead, there are certain things that need to be accomplished every week, and I simply need to do them whenever I can. This new mindset has led to a bit of extra flexibility that allows me to sleep, eat, and hang out with friends and family without taking my laptop along.
Here are the most important tasks of each week:
- Keep posting daily at Budgeting in the Fun Stuff.
- Check and reply to all advertising emails for myself and others at least twice a day.
- Check and reply to the rest of my email daily.
- Keep up with my staff posting schedule.
- Check Yakezie threads daily.
- Complete all freelancing tasks.
Here are the secondary tasks that I should try to accomplish:
- Post here at How I Make Money Blogging at least twice a week.
- Update my Weight Watcher’s goal at Crystal Clear Thoughts at least once a week.
- Comment on at least 5 blogs a day.
- Update my sites regularly.
- Start working on my eBook again.
I consider it a good week if I complete everything in the first group and a great week if I get to stuff in the second group as well. Until a few of my freelancing jobs are complete, I probably will not be able to pull off both groups of to-do lists every week, but that is okay. I will take a deep breath, handle what I need to get done, and move on with my life. We’ll see what happens.
How are your to-do lists looking?