When I quit my day job in mid-July 2011, I thought the key to working from home was going to be having my finger in as many pies as possible. Yeah, that didn’t happen. I have actually seemed to create a marketing empire and now blog as a hobby again, lol.
What I Was Doing 2 Months Ago
- Blogged daily on Budgeting in the Fun Stuff
- Blogged 3 times a week here
- Blogged weekly at Crystal Clear Thoughts
- Ran the marketing for about 20 other blogs
- Staff wrote at 8 other blogs
- Commented for a group of Australian personal finance sites
What I do Currently
- Run the marketing for 47 other blogs
- Blog daily at BFS
- Blog twice a week here
- Staff write for 4-5 other blogs
- Comment and guest post place for those Australian personal finance sites
Where this Leaves Me
Yep, blogging is once again my hobby, hahaha. I am a Marketing Manager now. I am fine with that except that means that 90% of my income is based on advertising or commissions on advertising. My huge fear is that it may all come crashing down. I have no reason to think that, but I guess having pre-worry is a part of self-employment.
This has led me to create even more niche sites like About Life Insurance. I also am having an eBook written and will be starting to work on my original idea for an eBook myself, How I Make Money Blogging. I could start staff writing for way more blogs again, but it isn’t as fun as just sticking with a few. It gets stressful after 5 extra posts a week for me. In short, I am going to ride this baby till she bucks me.
What has changed for you in the last 2 months? Any pointers for me?